Monday, August 14, 2006

The Sleeper Has Awakened

And we are off! To start with, I'd like to say, if you are reading this, thank you. You are probably the only one.

I have spent the last few days going over in my head, certain rules and parameters I would like to apply to the project. I think it can all be summed up in one question.

Can one create a living/career/culture icon using only those things readily available to anyone on the internet without having to invest a single dime or getting involved in any scams?

I would like to think it is possible. I would like to think it can be done, and not just by super savvy internet gurus. I would like to think that someone with something to say, an ability to say it with a small amount of panache, and a decent grasp of the English language could do just that.

I hope so. I am currently in school for web design, and although I am an avid surfer, I am just that. Nothing more. I couldn't build a site from scratch if you paid me to.

I don't have an MBA, heck, I don't even have a degree. I am a product of my generation. A 30 year old slacker with an entry level job trying to support a family.

So I guess that since I don't have a tangible product, no real skills, and no real knowledge as far as to what I am doing, I am here to sell myself to the world.

That being said, lets get to the meat of the matter.

So I looked around at most all of the blogging services out there, and the only completely free service out there that offers me the opportunity to actually be able to make money from my blog given people actually read it and click through, is blogger. I've also been adding script to my template for pinging services and all that other stuff that is supposed to drive you the reader to my site. Let's see how it works.

What next? More writing and more writing and more writing. If there is anything that I have found in my explorations of the blogoshpere, lack of posts equals lack of readers.
AskJeeves add to any service! Socializer blinklist blogmarks buddymarks delicious digg feedmarker furl google Hatena HOLM Jookster Lookmarks ma.gnolia netvouz newsvine onlywire reddit rawsugar Mojo this page at Rojo scuttle shadows simpy smarking spurl Squidoo Technorati unalog wink yahoo

1 Comments:

Blogger crawfish warmonger said...

I am enveloped in the beard of your global microbrand.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home